An outdoor mental training experience
How do you react when you are pumped and doubting your ability to commit to the next several moves? Many climbers lose commitment and won’t make the moves because they over-think when climbing. To stay committed you to need to stop at rest stances and think through the risk. Then you need to make an appropriate risk decision (Go or no go? Can I fall here or can I not fall here?) and commit completely to taking action on that decision. That is the emphasis of this sport climbing mental training camp.
This one to two-day outdoor sport climbing mental training course helps you figure out where you can and can’t fall; how to keep from pumping out just before you reach the anchors; and makes sport climbing more relaxed when on the sharp end.
Your Warrior’s Way trainer teaches skills, mindset and techniques which apply to all climbing grade levels.
'As a devoted rock climber, I am always looking for tools to make me more successful. But rarely do I come across a tool as powerful as The Rock Warrior's Way. The Principles in Arno’s book drastically raised my awareness and helped solidify a goal I've been working on for three years--Flex Luthor'. Tommy Caldwell
Learn How To:
- Become aware of your mind’s limiting tendencies (like thinking you’ll clip the chains)
- Distinguish between no-fall and yes-fall zones
- Rest efficiently to avoid the pump
- Develop flow and momentum to make climbing easier
- Deal with mental stress before, during, and after the climb
- Improve problem-solving skills for better route finding and beta sequences
- Make and stick to appropriate risk decisions
- Use your intelligence to do effective risk-assessment
- Reduce fear when pushing yourself
- Make climbing more fun
- Able to sport climb 5+ in a gym with no falls
- Climb indoors/outdoors at least 1-2 times per week
- At least 6 months of continuous climbing experience within the last year