If you're looking for a hassle free climbing break our holidays are perfect for you....
Try one of our amazing week long itineraries:
- Classic Gorges of northwest Catalunya Our hugely popular week exploring the finest of Catalunya’s gorges. Ideal for those looking for sports, multi-pitch or semi-equipped climbing or a wonderful mix of all three!
- Winter Sun The winter remix of the Classic Gorges, same format but with the opportunity to explore the beautiful south faces often too hot at other times of the year.
- Yoga and Climbing A perfect mix of climbing and yoga instruction. Stretch our tired muscles and find flexibility you never thought you had.
- High Pyrenees A spectacular week spent amongst the granite wonderland of the Aigüestortes National Park. Seriously recommended for those with a love of nature and a taste of adventure.
- 6b and up! For those climbing in the 6b -7c upwards range this week takes you to some of the finest sports and multipitch crags Catalunya has to offer.
Catalunya is the perfect place to take a climbing holiday. An abundance of rock of all kinds, from steep juggy yellow limestone to compact grey technical verdonesque limestone. From big cobble rock conglomerate to inverted pocketed conglomerate. From stunning pristine granite to twisted tufa faces. From towering gorges, emerald green lakes to tiny hilltop villages. From full day multi-pitches to lazy, sunny rest days spent relaxing with a spectacular view, Catalunya has it all.
To help you get the best of it Climb Catalunya offer 7 night packages that mean all you have to think about is climbing and relaxing. We take you to a range of different areas according to your interests and abilities to taste the diversity of rock types and to delight in the variety that each day will bring.
The daily schedule of these itineraries revolves around making the most of daylight hours for getting outdoors and on to the crags. You will be taken to the climbing sector each day after breakfast, with packed lunch provided to keep you energised through the day. We will help you to become familiar with the sectors and identify the best and most suitable routes. After a day on superb rock you will enjoy an evening with good local food and wine in the alberg or refugi. We will have a chance to talk through the day's climbing and pore over topos while planning the next day's campaign.
The majority of the holidays are based at our designated centre the Abella de la Conca Eco-Refugi which is brilliantly situated to access a huge range of areas and climbing styles. The exception to this is the High Pyrenees trip where you will stay closer to the high mountains for some or all of the nights. The Eco-Refugi has a mix of dormitory and twin room accommodation. In the high mountains accommodation is dormitory based but may include the possibility to have a single or twin room for a small supplement. Transport is in minivan and/or four wheel drive depending on the terrain.
Our week long trips operate throughout the year – usually running from Saturday-Saturday. Once in Spain all prices include pick-up and drop-off at Barcelona Sants train station or El Prat airport, accommodation and half-board meals with wine, transport to and from the climbing sector of choice each day and expert route advice. Costs not included in the package are for travel to/from Spain, additional drinks/meals outside of your accommodation base and travel/climbing insurance.
To maximise your comfort and ensure that you receive all the personal attention you need to make the most of your holiday Climb Catalunya only caters for small groups. The maximum overall group size is 8.
These holidays are not instruction courses and you need to be an independent climber able to top rope and belay safely and have your own climbing insurance to participate. However, if you want to polish your skills or learn something new during these weeks why not add in a day of bolt on instruction?
Holiday Dates, Prices and Booking Information